Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rebirth

It has been a really long time since I put up the original House of Longgirl website which featured my jewelry designs. That was before kids. Now I have very little time for metalsmithing. Seems that pulling out chemicals, fire, sharp tools and scrap metal doesn't really fit into naptime. So I've taken up some new endeavors that are more condusive to my life as a working mother.

A few weeks ago I was in a yarn shop called Knit and Stitch = Bliss and I met a woman and we started talking about knitting. I told her that last year I made all of my family members winter hats using a Knifty Knitter. She called me a cheater. I liked her right away.

This woman sent me a ton of knitting blogs and told me to post pictures of all my latest projects with descriptions so either my readers or I could recreate them. Keep your eyes open for pictures to be posted later this week. Some I will have to delay until the gifts are given.

Anyway, I am getting into knitting right now, but hope to revive House of Longgirl as a more mixed media site. And I won't forget the Pez Collection.

2 comments:

aa said...

I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm glad you are following your own advice!

Kate Detwiler said...

I love it- all. I have never been mentioned in a blog before. Thanks... and I am sorry I called you a cheater ;)