Friday, February 22, 2008

February Already?

February is almost over and I can't believe it.

I feel like I was just making Christmas presents and then it's birthday time for Miranda and Valentines Day. I did not really take pictures of the pieces I made, but here is a picture from a recipient of one of my pieces. After finishing gifts, I made myself a few things and pictures will be available shortly.

In the meatime, I read through a bunch of materials I picked up in Austin when I went to Stitch Austin with a friend. I read about these people who make samplers of indie art and sell them. They are always sold out so I signed up for notifications and recently received one for their latest samplers which was from Boston. I ordered one and just received it and it is very interesting.

Inside, one of the artists named Melanie McMullin, submitted a postcard printed with her collage artwork on one side and she filled in her mailing address and it said connect with me. She included her blog as well. I'll send the postcard off tomorrow and see what happens.

Erin's Beads N things sent a bracelet made of gold coloered wire and glass beads. Her site is here.

I noticed that I particularly like the things that are useful, even if they are not what the artist really makes. I received a luggage tag with artwork titled Boston in the future from http://www.destinationunknownjournals.com/ which is cool. I also received gift tags from http://www.rifferaff.com/.

Meredith Cutler of http://www.crostini.etsy.com/ sent some earrings that I might wear tomorrow and http://www.saint9.com/ sent some buttons that have images of Boston T tokens. Sabrina's Charms of shanalogic.com sent me craft kit called "Wicked Pissah" so I could make a charm bracelet.

There are many other items and several ads, stickers and prints and a copy of the Cambridge Local First Directory of Locally-Owned Independent Businesses.

Each sampler is different and I am not really doing my kit justice, but I think it would be great to have a DC Sampler and a Bethesda Sampler and a New Orleans Sampler, etc.

Anyway, back to knitting. I'm working on a first sweater and it is taking forever.




No comments: